If you have hard water in your home, you know just how annoying it can be. Or, maybe you’ve lived with hard water in your home this whole time and simply accepted it as a fact life.
No matter who you are, the truth is that you don’t have to put up with hard water. There are plumbing systems out there that can do away with the issue of hard water for good.
Not only is hard water a nuisance, but it can actually degrade the health of your plumbing system over time. If you’ve been living with hard water for several years now, you could do very well to consider installing a water softener.
The Annoyances That Come With Hard Water
When we encounter things in our life that we would consider “annoying,” it’s hardly enough to warrant the installation of a whole plumbing system. However, the annoyances of hard water are really enough to affect your life in several ways. It can even cost you more money for all the damage it incurs.
If you’ve suffered from any of the following hard water issues, you know just how bad it can be:
- Ruins clothes: Detergent doesn’t react well with hard water, making your clothes come out rougher, worn-out, and can even stain it.
- Glassware: Hard water can turn your sparkling glassware cloudy and opaque.
- Skin and hair: After getting out of the shower, hard water can irritate your skin and make it itchy. Likewise, your hair can become rougher and harder to manage.
- Stains: The white porcelain of your toilet bowl can become stained with brown lines and rings over time, making the fixture look far older than it really is.
- Limescale buildup: If you’ve ever seen the chalky buildup on sink faucets and showerheads, you should know that hard water is directly to blame.
These issues are hardly just an annoyance when you look at the damage they can create. If it’s allowed to go on for too long, you’ll end up having to replace clothes, utensils, and fixtures long before it’s time for replacement.
It Can Damage Your Plumbing, Too
If that’s not enough, you should also be aware that hard water can damage your plumbing. After all, if it’s enough to make your faucets and showerheads look bad, just imagine what it looks like inside of your pipes!
Certain pipes can become clogged with mineral deposits over time. If your home’s plumbing system is several years old and has been running hard water the entire time, it’s possible that it can eventually become clogged or lead to corrosion and leaks. This kind of harmful buildup often happens in the joints of the pipes.
Due to the location of these pipes, you most likely won’t realize there is a problem until you start experiencing signs of trouble, such as low water pressure or heightened water bills. If you do come across either of those signs, it’s crucial to call a plumber sooner than later.
If you believe you need a water softener, we can test your water and find the right system for you. Contact Evans Plumbing Inc. today. Evans Plumbing At Your Door!